Join Belden Universal and build your career in advanced manufacturing!
We are seeking a Honing and Grinding Machinist who is eager to learn and grow. In this role, you will work side-by-side with experienced grinding machinists to process universal joints and drive shafts. You will have the opportunity to contribute to Belden’s rapid growth on day one and make a significant impact on our company. The position is responsible for setting up and operating grinding and honing machines.
Belden Universal offers competitive pay commensurate with experience, a benefits package, a 401-K match, 10 paid company holidays and 4 paid personal days per year. Come join us in our newly constructed, air-conditioned, clean, and well-organized production facility 12 miles west of downtown Chicago. Belden Universal is growing rapidly and there are significant opportunities for advancement for motivated candidates.
This role is ideally for our swing shift (10 AM to 6:30 PM), but can also be filled by someone who is available for the first shift (5 AM to 1:30 PM).
Grinding Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Sets up grinding and honing equipment efficiently and effectively by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by in-process measurements and by adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by following safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Grinding and Honing Experience (min 2 years preferred)
- Conceptual Skills
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Tooling, Coordination
Founded in the Chicago area in 1970, Belden Universal has grown from a local machine shop to a leading global manufacturer of precision universal joints and drive shaft assemblies. With an international reach and reliable AS9100 quality, Belden Universal serves a variety of industries with standard and custom universal joints and drive shafts. Belden's team of professional design engineers and technical sales staff focus on customer needs first, allowing Belden to consistently meet customer requirements and exceed expectations. Belden’s innovative development capabilities and state-of-the-art equipment position the Company as a clear leader in the mechanical power transmission industry. In 2018, the Company moved into a 40,000 sqft newly built air-conditioned manufacturing facility in Hillside, IL, and is poised for significant growth over the next few years.
For every customer challenge, Belden has a solution. Precisely what you need. Precisely when you need it.
Belden Tools, Inc. (Human Resources)
4100 Madison Street
Hillside, IL 60162